TTC History

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Gender Selection. Really?

Have you guys seen Sherri Shephard's Resolve video? She mentioned that they were able to tell the gender of the embryos before they transferred them. Of course I went to Dr. Google and found a FAQ from Belgium that they will only do this if there are valid medical reasons. Very interesting. Personally, I just want to have a healthy baby. I have yet to see 2 lines on that damn pregnancy test.

6DPIUI. Feeling very slight cramps every now and then. No different than other cycles but Miss Hope is still with me. I pray that this will be the cycle. As much as I am excited to be moving on to an RE and possible IVF, I am still wishing that we won't need to.  The clinic called yesterday and need *hubby to sign a medical release form. I'm hoping that this is the last thing we need to do. Oh and today I go in to do my Day 21 progesterone test. Third blood draw this month. Human pin cushion, that's how I roll!

* I need to find a better name for this man of mine. Hubby or DH is not doing it for me.

2 comments:

  1. It's it amazing what we can do now? PGD allows us to be able to selection embryos with normal karyotypes and, as a consequence, we can also tell the gender of the embryo prior to implantation.

    I'm also hoping this cycle is the one for you. Keeping you in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hanging on to hope with you girl! Hoping that this is the cycle you get your BFP. I agree, I got tired of DH too... I just reverted to his first initial... for now. Maybe we'll come up with something more creative later!

    ReplyDelete