Before I tell you about the plan let's talk about my progesterone test results. 16.4 ng/ml. Doctor said I ovulated. Good right? Count my blessings? I'm trying but AF showed yesterday so boo to 16.4 ng/ml. DH counts were great too. 55 million, post wash. I don't know what else to say except BFN. On a positive note, we're moving on.
My doctor is referring me to the RE that I wanted to see Three of my co-workers saw him and ALL three had successful pregnancies. They all had healthy girls. The approval for the referral will take about 2 weeks so while we wait my doctor wants to put me on a Clomid + IUI cycle. I will take the Clomid (50 mg) on Days 3-7, do my OPK then IUI. Hopefully the referral will be approved before this cycle ends and I will be able to schedule an appointment with the RE. Of course I'm hoping that I won't need to see the RE because I will get pregnant on my first try at Clomid. Cue in Miss Hope's cousin Miss Wishful Thinking. But if not, I am excited to meet this RE and be in the hands of people whose job is to make babies.
My only concern besides waiting for the referral is the side effects of Clomid. Will this make me more of a B!*%@? Cause seriously this last cycle (no meds by the way) I almost ripped my husband's head off.
Each person has a different experience on Clomid. I really didn't have any symptoms, but I've had friends who hate the stuff. So it's really person dependent. One thing I read from Mel's book "Navigating the land of IF" was to take Clomid in the evening so that you can sleep through the side-effects. I think this is a big reason I didn't have a lot of side-effects.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on getting to see the RE of your choice!
Glad that you're able to see the RE you wanted... the right people around you can make all the difference on this journey!!
ReplyDeleteI'm on my third day of taking clomid for the first time. I really haven't seen much for side affects. Only thing I can point to is my mouth has been kind of dry. Not sure if it's related but it's the only thing I can tell. I've actually been less of a biotch to the Hub, maybe the clomid is fixing my screwy hormones?!? Looks like we'll see an RE right around the same time!! :)
ReplyDelete