TTC History

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Ignorance and Distraction

First, congratulations to my bloggy friends Katie and Izzy for their BFPs! I'm very happy and excited that they are one step closer to having a baby in their arms. It gives me hope.

As for real life, well I decided that I don't want to know.  I would like to be in the dark when someone I know knows of someone they know who are trying to get pregnant.  I would rather live in ignorance.  I don't want to be left in the dust when these other women who are just acquaintances are pregnant before I am.  It hurts enough when my friends lap me. It's like adding salt to the wound. I know that they are just sharing great news and it is my fault for telling them 2 years ago that we were trying. All I can do is acknowledge and deflect. That how I've been handling it.


Current cycle: Possibly around 7DPO. AF should be arriving this weekend. I've been continuing to run on this TWW. It's been helpful in clearing my mind. And since I am waiting for a call from my RE letting me know that my insurance has given the approval to continue I am joining Belle with her March Photo Challenge. I'm very excited and would love for you guys to join in too.

5 comments:

  1. Aw! I'm excited for you to join! And oh boy do I understand not wanting to know about acquaintances success in the fertility arena. My coworkers now like to tell me about these things, as they all know what I'm going through and seem to think that hearing other peoples good news is somehow going to increase my fertility. No, actually the only thing it increases is my blood pressure - although according to Traditional Chinese Medicine increased blood flow to the uterus is a good thing... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks lady! As annoying as it was when my blog friends got their BFPs, it gave me hope, too. Fingers are crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear ya about being lapped. Two plus years ago when we went off birth control, I can't believe I told people we were trying. Not that it would make it any better now, though. If we hadn't told friends, we'd be constantly fielding the "when are you going to have kids?" question. As it stands, we never ever get asked that, which is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely understand where you're coming from. It's hard to feel left behind when all you want is to join the ranks. Sending you hugs and hoping for the news on the approval very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also have that feeling of it being my fault for telling people when we started TTC. :-(

    ReplyDelete