My evening last night as follows. Got home from work. Still no call from the clinic. AF is absent. Took a pregnancy test. BFN. As expected. Had a glass of wine, beef jerky and some Lay's Sour Cream and Onion chips for dinner. I'm good.
I've thought about it and made a decision that we will take a month off from IUI and Clomid while we wait for the referral. It might be good for us. We'll still try but just without the OPK and temping. I'm a control freak so I like to know what's going on and I also believe in science and doing what I can so it's going to be hard not using the OPK and following up with temping BUT I have to. I have to. I know that the referral will go through. I know we will see the RE. It's just a matter of when.
Thank you ladies for knowing just what to say. I know there will be tougher days ahead but knowing you are there truly helps.
Update: AF still hasn't reared her ugly head. It's 12 DPIUI, 13 DPO and this is the longest I've gone without spotting or AF showing. My temperature is still low and I did take a pregnancy test this morning. Of course it's negative. Do you think the Clomid messed me up?
Clomid delayed my otherwise like-clockwork period.
ReplyDeleteI agree. Definitely the medication. The good news is that your LP is a bit longer, so that's something positive!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you have a plan. And I hope that this evening is another good one. Sending you hugs!
Taking a little mental break is probably a good thing. The referral will come through, you'll see the RE and then you'll have a plan going forward. It will work out!
ReplyDeleteIt will feel so good for you to have a plan with the RE. You sound like you've felt like you've been in limbo for awhile. Hugs!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a break is just what you needed. The sad truth is that no matter how "in control" we think we are, it's still out of our hands for the most part.
ReplyDeleteI hope you enjoy your "time off" and will somehow manage to relax and hold onto your hope.
It's hard sometimes, but we'd do well to remember that there's more to living our lives than working at getting pregnant.
Have a deep breath and another glass of wine and know we're hoping the best for you!!