TTC History

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Hi!

 Welcome ICLW'ers!

I started this blog because I needed an out. An out from the monthly disappointments of not being pregnant.  I don't have any real life friends who are going through infertility.  They are all fine and dandy with getting pregnant within months of trying.  This blog has been a blessing.  It has given me a bond with amazing ladies who understand this roller coaster ride of infertility. They are forgiving and funny. And they give me hope when I feel I don't have any left in me.


This Thursday is my first IVF consult with an RE. I am excited and hopeful. We have done 4 IUIs, 1 with Clomid with my regular OB/GYN. All unsuccessful so we are moving on to IVF. This month while we wait, I have rekindled my relationship with running. Endorphins, how I missed you so.  I've been eating healthier and although I haven't weighed myself yet I am already reaping the benefits. I have more energy.  I just feel better.


I am still infertile so of course we are still trying but with less pressure.  No temping and less OPK testing. I know I said I would give up the OPK but I just couldn't. I haven't been good about it though because I've been testing periodically so I'm not really sure where I am in this cycle. And just like before we started IUI, I am hoping that this is the "BFP before IVF" cycle but if it's not it's ok. I'll be ok because we have a plan. I hope you'll join me as this plan unfolds because things always go according to plan right? Right.

6 comments:

  1. I have a probable IVF consult tomorrow after 3 failed IUI's. We will have to compare notes! Good luck at your appt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping everything goes well at your appointment, I'm excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope all goes well with the appointment! Looking forward to the update and for the journey ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking positive thoughts for your appointment! So excited to see your plan setting in motion!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your first IVF consult tomorrow! I remember how exciting and nerve wracking it was!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy ICLW! I hope your consult goes well and you feel comfortable with the new Dr. I will pray that, just this once, things go according to plan.

    ICLW #80

    ReplyDelete