TTC History

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The Walk

There's a pregnant woman on my floor at work. Damn it. Never saw her before. She just showed up one day last week like a slap in the face. She looks like she's about 6 months. All baby. From the back you wouldn't even know that she was pregnant. But I knew. I know the walk. I can spot it from a mile away. I try to avoid pregnant women like the plague.  If I see a pregnant woman coming my way, I try to look away as she passes. I pretend like she wasn't there.  Avoidance, yes but this is what I need to do to keep myself sane. Otherwise, I'll just go crazy.

By the way, I saw 3 of them today. 3 baby bumps. Not that I was counting.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've earned a night filled with good vibes and bad TV. It's hard when everyone around you is pregnant. Harder still when they start to invade. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! It's awful, but I agree that avoiding them as much as possible is my only key to sanity! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny. For me, it's like a train wreck. I can't stop watching. I look at their bellies as if I can somehow transport their baby into mine.

    ReplyDelete