TTC History

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Infertile Holidays

How does an Infertile celebrate the holidays? I'm really not sure as I am still trying to figure that out. Isn't there a manual out there to tell us how to avoid the heart ache that comes with celebrating the holidays being barren?

As the holidays approach, the pre-infertile me usually looks forward to it.  I use to LOVE the holidays. Black Friday, holiday drinks at Starbucks, lights, presents, Christmas trees and the future of seeing my children's faces light up when they open their presents on Christmas day. Well that joy is slowly slipping away. This will be the second Christmas of wishing that Santa bring us a baby for Christmas. Last year I had a little hope because there was a plan and a reason we weren't getting pregnant (fibroids). Now that there are no fibroids, there is no plan. There is no reason, well except one. Being infertile. I'm not sure what's worse. Coal or infertility. Actually, I'll take coal any day.

So on to how to celebrate this holiday season being infertile.

1) Change the channel when ads involving children and toys
2) Avoid any holiday events tailored towards families
3) Buy all the gifts for the children on my list in one trip
4) Have the hubby wrap all the gifts listed in #3 (wishful thinking)
5) wine
6) wine
7) wine
8) sushi

And hope that maybe next year the joy will return.

2 comments:

  1. I think you should have some wine ;)

    I'm planning on buying my niece and nephew's gifts online and shipping them directly to their houses. No, I won't win aunt of the year with that, but I've gotta get through the day!

    Happy ICLW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi from ICLW!

    Don't forget coffee, hot chocolate....and more wine (never enough wine)

    ReplyDelete