When I was pregnant, I told a few people at work. I told my boss and some of my co-workers that I was close with. Of course when I went through my miscarriage they also knew. Well today, one of my co-worker who I shared my news with just told me that 2 others at work (both women) asked if I was pregnant. He told them he didn't know.
I'm not surprised of their suspicions. I was pregnant and because it was a Partial Molar Pregnancy my belly was bigger than normal. My HCG level was so high that my forehead was full of acne and I looked sick. I was nauseous all day. I can see why they think I'm pregnant.
Today the acne is slowly disappearing. I have more color in my face and more energy. My belly is not as pronounced as it was but I still have a pooch. They might very well think I'm in my second trimester and the reason why I'm looking a little better.
I'm not sure how to handle this you guys. I am not close enough with these women to tell them what happened but every time I bump into them I will know what they are thinking. Do I need to bring some tequila to work and take a shot of it in front of them? Ok I'm exaggerating but how do you come out and say, "No, I'm not pregnant."
Or is the solution to just be okay with what ever they are thinking. They will know soon enough when six months pass by and my belly isn't growing.
I guess I better start my Insanity workout soon.
Don't let people like this bother you!! They are dumb and suck!!! I hate gossipy people. I'm so sorry you are going through this. People need to be a little more sensitive.
ReplyDeleteI'm with B. People will always gossip, usually because they're bored and looking for a high (yes, one can get high off of gossip). Let them speculate, but pay them no mind.
ReplyDeleteHang in there and know I'm thinking of you.
I agree. They will gossip about your miscarriage if you give them that info. I know people at my office are gossiping and I am just ignoring them. A good reminder to me not to gossip.
ReplyDeleteI am with the others, these are horrible wenches that don't deserve for you to waste a second thinking about them. I know it is easier said than done since this is such a huge part of your life, but try to block them out of your thinking.
ReplyDelete