When my lovely friend AF came on Saturday, I called my doctor's office. I wanted to talk to my doctor about starting the paperwork to get a out of network referral because my doctor's office doesn't do IVF. I was told that this takes 5 weeks. I really don't want to wait 5 weeks. The probability that the fibroids will grow back is high and I don't want to go through another myomectomy again. When I made that call I was referred to an "advice nurse" who told me that I would have to go through 3 failed IUIs before they refer me out. I explained that I wanted to just start the paperwork while I'm going through my 3rd IUI. My *shiny new uterus will not be shiny for long. She responded by saying that I should talk to my doctor. Thank you. That's why I called in the first place. Well I got a telephone appointment to talk to my doctor today and still no call. I know this is not life threatening and I'm sure he's probably seeing other patients who have more pressing issues which is fine but this waiting is killing me.
I will do the third IUI and will be really happy if it worked but if it doesn't I don't want to be waiting for paperwork. I'd like to take the next step. I hate to be in limbo. If trying naturally worked I wouldn't be in this situation.
*after the myomectomy, I was told that I should get pregnant right away because my uterus was free of fibroids.
That is SO frustrating. I hate that insurance policies/hospital protocols dictate our path to parenthood more than we do. :( I'm sorry, hope he calls soon!!
ReplyDeleteGah! I have been in a holding patter for about 9 months out of the past year. I'm so sorry. Good for you for thinking ahead, though, and wanting to get started on the IVF paperwork!
ReplyDeleteIt's hard to believe that "health care professionals"--especially those in the OB/GYN field are so insensitive and seem to have NO CLUE about our plight.
ReplyDeleteWhen I aske the receptionist at my dr's office about infertility support groups, her reply was: "I'm not sure...there's just not that much need for that in this area." Really?!
Deep breathing helps sometimes...
It's so frustrating becuase everything to do with IF is hurry up and wait. Good for you for taking charge of it and doing what you feel is best. Keep pushing!
ReplyDelete