Friday, December 2, 2011
Just a quickie...
update I mean. What did you think?! Sorry, ok so seriously. I just wanted to give you guys a quick update on where I am. It is CD 8 for me. I'm waiting till CD 10 to start testing with my OPKs. When that goes positive, I call the clinic that morning and they schedule the IUI for the next day. This is our second IUI so this whole process gets so confusing because on our first IUI I ovulated the day the OPK was positive. I know this because my temp went up the day of the IUI. Then this last cycle, I O'ed 2 days after the test went positive. WTH! I need your advice. Do they normally do the IUI the day after your test goes positive? Is it normal to O the day your test goes positive? I could goo.gle this to death but you guys are my trusted source and I value your experiences more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hmmm, I'd use the OPK a couple of times a day. It's possible you have a shorter surge, so you're catching it on the way down rather than the way up. If you use the OPK a couple of times a day, you can be sure you catch the surge in the begining. Make sense?
ReplyDeleteI left you an award on my blog! :)
Thanks Lisa! That does make sense. Thanks for the award. You're the best!
ReplyDeleteWhat type of OPK are you using? I found the digital to be a lot more reliable. But I also was temping and checking CM. So sorry this is so frustrating.
ReplyDeleteBTW: I also left you an award on my blog. If you feel up for a distraction, check it out!
i think you might be catching your surge on the way down, too. i agree that you should be OPKing it in the morning and early afternoon, and maybe even evening just to be sure. can't hurt, right? i know, it's costly, but so are those darn IUIs.
ReplyDeletewe did 6 of them. the first 2 were without clomid. the 3rd was with clomid and i got pregnant. it was ectopic. terminated in july. we did 3 IUIs after that, mainly b/c the first 1 made sense to try again and then we ran into a calendar problem for IVF so we decided to just continue with IUIs. this month, i ovulated early and hubby had a bad back and was bed-ridden, so we just did it the old fashioned way (still with clomid). you asked about my 7 (actually 6) IUIs. there's the story!