TTC History

Monday, December 12, 2011

Decline

I was invited to a surprise baby shower this weekend. It's a co-ed one so my husband is invited as well. I would love to go but I don't think I can do it this time. This weekend is when I'll find out if this IUI was successful or not. If it's not, I will not be in the mood to be celebrating. So I will have to decline. I'm sad and upset at infertility and what it's done to me.  I love baby showers and I especially enjoy playing the games. Yes, I am one of those people. I'm very competitive. I've lost a little of that part of myself. 

Oh and here's the best part. I asked one of my girlfriends if she was going. She's not because she has to work and she's five days late. So she might be pregnant but she's not going to test. She's just going to wait and see.

Wait and see?! What the hell does that mean? I'm done. End text. Delete conversation.

Update: I'm 5 DPIUI. No pregnancy symptoms at all. Just the normal pre-menstrual ones. 

5 comments:

  1. Ugh! I don't blame you, I wouldn't go either. I don't know the last baby shower I went to so try not to beat yourself up over it. I'm with you on the friend thing though... five days late, might be pregnant... of course! Why can't that be us? Thinking of you and hoping for good news!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait and see?!?!?! I cannot even wrap my head around that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could never wait and see! Well, I guess I did 2 years ago. Not anymore.

    Fingers crosses. I got prego off an IUI and had what I thought were premenstrual cramps. Turns out it was pregnancy stuff. Felt exactly the same. Fingers crossed!!!

    I haven't been to a baby shower in ages. Refuse to go. It's better for everyone involved!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only people I know who play the "wait and see" game are those who a) are terrified of an unwanted pregnancy or b) figured that pregnancy comes easily. I'm a bit envious of this approach, but it's not in my nature. Especially now!

    Don't beat yourself up about the baby shower. There will be others (many others). Right now, focus on you. Who knows, you may have fantastic news soon and having a day to celebrate would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I skipped a shower in October for a pretty good friend of mine. Luckily she had struggled with infertility and loss as well so she was pretty understanding about it. I'm really glad I did though, I have no regrets. It's so important to nurture yourself right now.... Just take care of you, that's all you can do right now. xoxo

    ReplyDelete