I am overwhelmed by all the support everyone has given me. Thank you for all your love. I honestly don't know how women go through this without this community. I am truly thankful.
My D&C is the most physically painful experience I've had to endure in my 35 years. Remember that myomectomy I had, that was a piece of cake compared to this. I should have asked to go under with general anesthesia. Instead I was awake, with 2 Vicodin in my system and my cervix injected with Lidocaine. Never again.
My doctor was a rock star. He talked me through the procedure and even counted backwards to let me know when he was done with each step. I don't remember how long it took. Hubby said it was about 15 minutes. I was just glad for it to be over.
Sometime last week, I dug my head out of the sand needing to hear some good news. Instead, my heart just ached even more as I read of Sometimes results. This was not fair. What's the statistic for miscarriage? 1 in 4. 1 in 5. That one was me. She was supposed to be on the other side of that. I was immediately filled with anger.
Labor day weekend has been the worst weekend by far. I don't know if I will ever be able to look at Labor day in another light.
Still waiting for pathology results. No karyotyping and I'm ok with that.
I am back at work today. It's good. It's like I'm ripping of the band aid. I'm getting back to my normal routine. Normal routine = Life with Infertility.
I'm so sorry that you had to be awake for the D&C. I was awake too, though most certainly not very lucid. And I agree that it was awful. By far the worst experience of my life.
ReplyDeleteThinking of you.
I can't believe you were awake for your D&C! Your amazing. I told my doctor I wished he would knock me out for the entire weekend, not just the procedure.
ReplyDeleteTry to keep your chin up. As cliche as it sounds...it does get better. The pain doesn't disappear, but it settles into something you learn to live with. I feel a little stronger each day. I hope your tests come back soon. I'm still waiting for mine.